Starting a business in India is quite easy with new regulations passed by the Government of India. However, you still have to follow a strict process to register your business. Thanks to some companies offering online registration services, you can easily complete your company registration process without much hassle.
While planning to register a business, it is always a better idea to hire a reputed registration company. These companies have seasoned experts that can do your task quickly and without any trouble. However, you must know the entire process of company registration. Below is the procedure followed to register a company in India:
1. Select at least four unique names for your company. Give your names priority according to your choice. The registration entity will provide you the name which is available. The names you select must contain at least two words, first describing your business name and second one describing the nature of your business.
2. Apply for the name selection with an e-Form 1A (General Rules and Forms) together with a fee of Rs. 500. If the applied name is available, it will be registered for you. In case of unavailability, you will be asked to apply for a different name.
3. Once the name is approved, you can apply for registration through e-Forms 1, 8 and 32. This has to be done within 6 months of name getting your name approved.
4. Prepare the Memorandum and Articles of Association by the solicitors and get them stamped with the appropriate stamp duty. Get them signed by at least two subscribers.
5. Pay the registration fee and filing fee
6. Arrange the following documents:
Memorandum of Association and a duplicate duly stamped
Articles of Association and a duplicate duly stamped
original and a copy of the agreement between the partners (if any) describing their posts and responsibilities in the company
Power of Attorney (if any)
a copy of the letter regarding the availability of the Registrar of Companies
E-Form no. 1, 18 and 32
receipts of payment of registration and filing fees
7. Get the certificate of incorporation to the Registrar of Companies. They will verify your documents and once verified, your company will be incorporated. The date mentioned in the certificate will be the date of your company registration.
8. Once it’s done, the company can start its business immediately under Section 149 (7).
Apparently, it’s a complicated and long process where even a small mistake may cost a lot of time and money. Due to this reason, most of the people consider hiring companies’ house services. These companies have great skills and experience in doing such tasks, and they have the right teams to execute each task. Therefore, the process becomes simpler, takes lesser time and lesser efforts. Look around you and find a registration company to get your company incorporated quickly.